(Serves 6 adults – 12 patties)
- 2lbs canned tuna (in water)
- 2 sweet peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4 oz bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
Pour tuna in a large bowl and shred with a fork, until is loose and flakes are small. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, except for the eggs and bread crumbs, that will be added once we are happy with final flavor.
Mix well and make patties around 4oz each. In a fry pan, heat 2 tbs of olive oil and sear patties for both sides until golden brown. If desired, top with American cheese (white or yellow) and bake in the oven at 350 for 6mins.
It’s a perfect protein-based dinner when garnished with a fresh salad.